Matcha Pancakes with Chilli Paprika Vegetables
For the pancakes…
For the veggies…
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese
- Large handful of spinach
- 1 teaspoon Mighty Matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Mixed herbs, black pepper and a little sea salt
- 1 small courgette, diced
- ½ yellow or red pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of chilli powder
- Sea salt and black pepper
- A little coconut oil
- Mixed seeds, to sprinkle over
- First of all, prepare the veggies. Heat a little coconut oil in a non-stick pan and gently cook the vegetables. You can use whatever you’ve got in the fridge - things like diced/sliced aubergine, leeks, red onion would work well too.
- Stir in the paprika, chilli powder and seasoning after a few minutes to coat the veggies, then continue to cook over a medium heat for a further 10 minutes until softened. Add a little water if necessary to prevent burning. Set aside and keep warm.
- Put all of the pancake ingredients into a blender and whizz up until smooth - the mixture should be a bit runny but not too thin or thick.
- Wash and dry the pan and add a little more coconut oil. Use kitchen roll to wipe it all over the base of the pan. Use 2 small round tins if you can to keep the shape of the pancakes the same - place them in the pan.
- Pour a little mixture into each one to cover the base, then cook on a high-medium heat or a few minutes until it starts to bubble. Remove the tins, flip over and continue cooking for a few minutes, then transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the rest of the mixture (you should have enough to make 6 small pancakes in total).
- When you’ve made your pancakes, top with the warm veggies and sprinkle with seeds. Now dig in!