- 2 bananas, frozen into chunks
- 1 large handful fresh spinach leaves
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple or agave syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs (I used Kaizen Living)
For the raw chocolate sauce:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (I used Lucy Bee)
- 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder (I used Kaizen Living)
Remove the frozen banana chunks about 5 minutes beforehand, then place in a blender along with the rest of the ‘ice cream’ ingredients apart from the cacao nibs.
Blend well until thick and smooth.
Stir in the cacao nibs and either serve straight away or keep in a container in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
Make the chocolate sauce by gently melting the coconut oil and chosen syrup, then whisk in the cacao powder until smooth and glossy.
Dish out the ice cream and pour some of the sauce over each serving, then sprinkle with more cacao nibs. Now tuck in!
Comments are closed