For the waffles –
- 2 tablespoons almond flour (I used Sukrin)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used PhD Nutrition)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon Mighty Matcha Tea Powder
- 1 teaspoon stevia (I used Truvia)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup almond milk (I used Alpro)
Whisk together all of the ingredients until a little thick and completely smooth. Stand for 10 minutes, whisk thoroughly again then heat your waffle maker. Make sure you lightly grease it first! Pour the mixture between two large waffle pans, close the maker and allow to cook for about 8 minutes. Once cooked, gently transfer to a plate and stack on top of each other.
For the berry chia jam –
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons no added sugar jam
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds (I used Kaizen Living)
Simply place the berries, a dash of water and jam in a small pan. Bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, gently mash with a fork then stir in the chia seeds. Set aside for at least 10 minutes to allow the chia seeds to form a jam. You can make this ahead and keep this batch in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container.
Spoon some jam over the waffle stack, then sprinkle over cacao nibs and flaked almonds. Now tuck in while the waffles are still hot!
Comments are closed