For the jam –
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons no added sugar strawberry jam
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds (I used Kaizen Living)
Place the strawberries, jam and a dash of water in a small pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes until softened and quite mushy. Remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds, breaking up the strawberries. Set aside to thicken.
For the cookies –
- 1 + ½ cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons Mighty Matcha Tea Powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (I used Lucy Bee)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut or almond milk (I used Alpro)
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a large flat baking tray. Mix together the coconut, flour and Mighty Matcha Tea Powder in a bowl. Gently melt the coconut oil and syrup or nectar, then pour into the dry ingredients along with the vanilla and milk. Stir well so the mixture all comes together. Divide the dough into about 9-10 balls, then press down and make a thumbprint in the centre. Spoon a little of your jam in the middle then bake for about 15 minutes, checking them regularly so they don’t burn! Leave to cool on the tray then transfer to a wire rack. Keep in airtight container for up to 1 week in the fridge.
Comments are closed