Makes 12 cookies
Refined sugar free
- 100g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 tbsp xylitol
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp ground almonds
- 3 tsp Mighty Matcha green tea powder
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and xylitol, until light in colour, and fluffy. Add the egg yolk, and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt and matcha powder, breaking up any clumps by pressing through the sieve if necessary. Whisk in the ground almonds to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Using a spatula, scoop the dough onto a piece of cling film, and form into a 2-inch diameter log. Wrap tightly, and freeze for 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the cookie dough log, and roll it in the crushed almonds, pressing down to ensure that the almonds stick to the surface.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut into ¼-inch slices, and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes. Allow them to cool slightly and move to a cooling rack.
created by We Love
Comments are closed