- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup almond flour (I used Sukrin)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons Mighty Matcha tea powder
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 x 50g bar of vegan dark chocolate (I used Conscious Chocolate 70%)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and lightly grease and line a loaf tin – or use a silicone one and in which case you don’t need to worry!
2. Mix together the flours, protein powder, baking powder, coconut sugar and Mighty Matcha tea powder in a large bowl.
3. Break the chocolate into small chunks and stir in to coat.
4. Place the bananas, eggs, milk, tahini and vanilla extract in a blender and whizz up until smooth.
5. Pour this into the dry ingredients and stir to combine, you should have a nice thick green (don’t be put off, it’s the wonderful matcha goodness!) batter.
6. Spoon into your tin and spread evenly, then bake for about 45 minutes in total – you might want to cover it in tin foil halfway through to prevent burning.
7. Leave to cool in the tin for about 30 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack to cool completely. Slice up and enjoy!
Comments are closed